Scientific program of Group of immunology is based on the investigations of cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in regulation of immunologic response in normal and pathological conditions, in humans and animals.
Current work is cantered on investigation of:
- Immunochemical and physicochemical characterization of immunoglobulins, events responsible for their synthesis, and their biological effects;
- Signalling in the cells of immune and haematopoietic systems in health and diseases.
- Immunomodulatory effects of mesenchymal stem cells.
The members of the group also participate in the development of procedures for transformation of biological waste materials (outdated human blood and slaughterhouses blood) into systems for prolonged (steroid and non-steroid anti-inflammatory) drug delivery based on erythrocytes, and into heme iron formulations for prevention or treatment of anaemia.
PROJECTS & EDUCATION
National projects funded by Ministry of Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia:
- Regenerative and modulatory capacity of adult stem cells (2011- );
- The pathogenetic mechanism in haematological malignancies (2011- );
- Novel encapsulation and enzyme technologies for a design of new biocatalysts and biologically active compounds aiming at enhancement of food quality, safety and competitiveness (2011- );
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in regulation of haematopoiesis (2006-2010);
- Interactions of immobilized cells, tissues and biologically active molecules in bioreactor systems (2006-2010).
- Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade: lectures about separation and purification of proteins.
- Institute for Gifted and Talented Children and Youth: working with high school student and bachelor, master and PhD students, making the student work for national scientific competitions.
- Kostić I, Ilić V, Đorđević V, Bukara K, Mojsilović S, Nedović V, Bugarski D, Veljović Đ, Mišić D, Bugarski B. Erythrocyte membranes from slaughterhouse blood as potential drug vehicles: Isolation by gradual hypotonic hemolysis and biochemical and morphological characterization. Colloids and Surfaces. B: Biointerfaces, 2014, 122: 250–259.
- Trivanoviċ D, Nikolić S, Krstić J, Jauković A, Mojsiloviċ S, Iliċ V, Okiċ Đorđeviċ I, Santibañez J, Jovčić G, Bugarski D. Characteristics of human adipose mesenchymal stem cells isolated from healthy and cancer affected people and their interactions with human breast cancer cell line MCF-7 in vitro. Cell Biology International, 2014, 38: 254-265.
- Trivanović D, Mojsilović S, Ilić V, Krstić J, Jauković A, Okić-Đorđević I, Santibanez JF, Jovčić G, Bugarski D. Immunomodulatory capacity of human mesenchymal stem cells isolated from adipose tissue, dental pulp, peripheral blood and umbilical cord Wharton’s Jelly. Central European Journal of Immunology, 2013, 38: 421-429.
- Djunic I, Elezovic I, Vucic M, Srdic-Rajic T, Konic-Ristic A, Ilic V, Milic N, Bila J, Suvajdzic-Vukovic N, Virijevic M, Antic D, Vidovic A, Tomin D. Specific binding of paraprotein to platelet receptors as a cause of platelet dysfunction in monoclonal gammopathies. Acta Haematol, 2013; 130: 101-107.
- Budeč M, Marković D, Vignjević S, Mitrović O, Đikić D, Koko V, Čokić V. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase mediates the effect of ethanol on IgA. Alcohol and Alcoholism 2013; 48:53–58.
- Krstić A, Kocić J, Ilić V, Mojsilović S, Okić-Đorđević, Trivanović D, Santibañez JF, Jovčić G, Bugarski D. Effects of IL-17 on erythroid progenitors growth: Involvement of MAPKs and GATA transcription factors. Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents, 2012, 26(4): 641-652.
- Fratrić N, Gvozdić D, Vuković D, Savić O, Buač M, Ilić V. Evidence that calf bronchopneumonia may be accompanied by increased sialylation of circulating immune complexes` IgG. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology, 2012, 150: 161– 168.
- Kovačević-Filipović M, Ilić V, Vujčić Z, Dojnov B, Stevanov-Pavlović M, Mijačević Z, Božić T. Serum amyloid A isoforms in serum and milk from cows with Staphylococcus aureus subclinical mastitis. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology, 2012, 145: 120-128.
- Ilić V, Mojsilović S, Marković D, Maslovarić I, Milošević-Jovčić N. Anion exchange chromatographic distribution of human monoclonal immunoglobulin G is determined by heavy chain subclass and level of sialic acid expression. Hemijska industrija, 2012, 66: 531–540.
- Stojanović R, Ilić V, Manojlović V, Bugarski D, Dević M, Bugarski B. Isolation of hemoglobin from bovine erythrocytes by controlled hemolysis in the membrane bioreactor. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2012, 166: 1491-1506.
- Mojsilović S, Krstić A, Ilić V, Okić-Đorđević I, Kocić J, Trivanović D, Santibañez JF, Jovčić G, Bugarski D. IL-17 and FGF signaling involved in mouse mesenchymal stem cell proliferation. Cell and Tissue Research, 2011, 346: 305–316.
- Brajović G, Stefanović G, Ilić V, Petrović S, Stefanović N, Nikolić-Jakoba N, Milošević-Jovčić N. Association of Fibronectin with Hypogalactosylated IgG, in Gingival Crevicular Fluid in Periodontitis. Journal of Periodontology, 2010, 81: 1472-1480.
- Ilić V, Krstić A, Katić-Radivojević S, Jovčić G, Milenković P, Bugarski D. Syphacia obvelata modifies mitogen-activated protein kinases and nitric oxide synthases expression in murine bone marrow cells. Parasitology International, 2010, 59: 82-88.
- Pajic-Lijakovic I, Ilic V, Bugarski B, Plavsic M. Rearrangement of erythrocyte band 3 molecules and reversible formation of osmotic holes under hypotonic conditions. European Biophysics Journal with Biophysics Letters, 2010, 39: 784-800.
- Krstić A, Ilić V, Mojsilović S, Jovčić G, Milenković P, Bugarski D. p38 MAPK signaling mediates IL-17-induced nitric oxide synthase expression in bone marrow cells. Growth Factor, 2009, 27: 79-90.
- Budeč M, Marković D, Đikić D, Mitrović O, Drndarević N, Koko V, Todorović V. Blockade of Nitric Oxide Synthesis Modulates Rat Immunoglobulin A. Neuroimmunomodulation 2009; 16: 155-161.
- Ilić V, Milošević-Jovčić N, Petrović S, Marković D, Stefanović G, Ristić T. Glycosylation of IgG B cell receptor (IgG BCR) in multiple myeloma: relationship between sialynisation and the signal activity of IgG BCR. Glycoconjugate Journal, 2008, 25:383–392.
- Ilić V, Milošević-Jovčić N, Petrović S, Marković D, Bila J, Bošković J, Stefanović G, Marković O, Glibetić M. Signaling status of IgG B cell receptor (IgG BCR) is indicative for an activated state of circulating B cells in multiple myeloma. Annals of Hematology, 2007, 86: 905-912.
- Ilić V, Milošević-Jovčić N, Marković D Petrović S. A biased Gm haplotype and Gm paraprotein allotype in multiple myeloma suggests a role for the Gm system in myeloma development. International Journal of Immunogenetics, 2007, 34:119-125.
- Budeč M, Koko V, Todorović V, Marković D, Poštić M, Drndarević N, Spasić A, Mitrović O. Possible mechanism of acute effect of ethanol on intestinal IgA expression in rat. International Immunopharmacology 2007, 7:858-863.
- Stefanović G, Marković D, Ilić V, Brajović G, Petrović S, Milošević-Jovčić N. Hypogalactosylation of salivary and gingival fluid IgG in patients with advanced periodontitis. Journal of Periodontology 2006, 77(11): 1887-1893.
- Ćirić D, Milošević-Jovčić N, Ilić V, Petrović S. A Longitudinal study of the relationship between galactosylation degree of IgG and rheumatoid factor titer and avidity during long-term immunization of rabbits with BSA. Autoimmunity 2005, 38: 409-416.